This micro course consists of video lectures with special notes and objective test series covering complicated topics Jurisdiction, Res Sub-Judice, Res-Judicata and Foreign Judgments for fee Rs 1500/- (discounted fee)
Further Details of the Course:
Course consists of 30 video lectures on following topics:
Jurisdiction and Consent
A.R. Antulay V. R.S. Nayak, (AIR 1988 SC 1531.)
Chief Engineer, Hydel Project V. Ravinder Nath, (2008) 2 SCC 350.
Kiran Singh V. Chaman Paswan [AIR 1954 SC 340:]
Lack of Jurisdiction and irregular exercise of Jurisdiction
Chief Engineer, Hydel Project v. Ravinder Nath, (2008) 2 SCC 350.]
Ujjam Bai v. State of U.P., AIR 1962 SC 1621
Anisminic Ltd. v. Foreign Compensation Commission.
ML. Sethi v. R.P. Kapur, [AIR 1972 SC 2379 at p. 2385.]
Ittyavira Mathai v. Varkey Varkey [AIR 1964 SC 907: (1964) 1 SCR 495,]
Basis to determine Jurisdiction
Abdulla v. Galappa [ (1985) 2 SCC 54: AIR 1985 SC 577.]
Bank of Baroda v. Moti Bhai,
Ananti v. Chhannu
Kinds of Jurisdiction
- JURISDICTION OF CIVIL COURTS—SECTION - 9
- Suit of civil nature--- Meaning
- Nature and scope
- Sinha Ramanuja v. Ranga Kamanuja, AIR 1961 SC1720:
- Most Rev. P.M.A. Metropolitan v. Moran Mar Marthoma , [1995 Supp (4) SCC 286: AIR 1995 SC 2001.]
- Cognizance not barred
- Suits expressly barred
- Suits impliedly barred
- Who may decide?
- Presumption as to jurisdiction
- Burden of proof
- Exclusion of jurisdiction: Limitations
- Secy. of State v. Mask & Co., [AIR 1940 PC 105:]
- Firm Seth Radha Kishan v. Administrator, Municipal Committee, Ludhiana [AIR 1963 SC 1547: (1964) 2 SCR 273.]
- General Principles
- RES SUB JUDICE: STAY OF SUIT: SECTION 10
- Nature and scope---
- Two suits---
- "Matter in issue"
- Suit pending in foreign court---
- Union of India v/s. Promod Gupta, (2005) 12 S.C.C 1,
- Pukhraj D. Jain v. G. Gopalakrishna, AIR 2004 SC 3504.
- Radha Devi v. Deep Narayan, (2003) 11 SCC 759
- Inherent power to stay----
- ]ado Rai v. Onkar Prasad, AIR 1975 All 413;
- P.V. Shetty v. B.S. Giridhar, (1982) 3 SCC 403: AIR 1982 SC 83.
- Consolidation of suits
- Indian Bank v. Maharashtra State Coop. Marketing Federation Ltd., AIR 1998 SC 1952.
- Contravention: Effect---
- Pukhraj D. Jain v. G. Gopalakrishna, (2004) 7 SCC 251: AIR 2004 SC 3504;
- Can one of the two cross-suits be stayed?
- You need to download mobile App Vidhi Judicial Academy from Google Play Store for accessing this course. Thereafter, you need to create your account, which is free, by signing up and creating a login Id, which should be your email Id. (Click here to download the App)
- In case of any dispute, Courts of Delhi shall have the jurisdiction to adjudicate.
- In case there is any difficulty, you may contact on WhatsApp at 9205988280.
- Payment of fee can be paid through UPI, DEBIT CARD , CREDIT CARD, by using link given below or direct net banking to account given below.
- Vidhi Judicial Academy Current Account no. 11300 5000 583 ICICI Bank, Mukheji Nagar Branch IFSC Code ICIC0001130
- Pay fee using this link